Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson




I've never been a big fan of change. Sure, I like variety, but stability and I go a long way back. I like some things to stay the way they are. Other things I'm just fine with changing.

Moving to college? Bring it on.

Extra schoolwork? Oh, how I've missed thee.

Meeting new people? Sure, just watch your approach.

American swing-sets? I'm tempted to tear one down and rebuild it my way...

Calling someone other than my mother "Mama"? ...I'll get back to you on that.


This has been the season of change. Ever since I got here, life has been a roller coaster of events. I haven't been able to pull off an all-nighter, simply because I've been too exhausted to. How I miss homeschooling. Time was never exactly on my side, but now it's attacking in full force.

Then there's the emotional drama involved. Ick, I never thought of myself as being very girly. "A tomboy at heart," I say. Jeans, mud, four-wheelers, woodworking, programming, plumbing, video games, rock climbing, heated debates over which hero is better. (Btw, Batman wins. Every time.) Let's face it, romantic conversations have never appealed to me. 9 out of 10, I'm hanging out with the guys. One of my hobbies is actually making fun of the sappy chick flicks I'm forced to watch.

Logic has been my best friend since I can remember. After all, "The melodies of logic must always play out the truth." Right?

Right..... not.

Anyway, yeah... none of the girls I know love logic the way I do. Some come close, but...
I say "Computer Engineering" and they say "....Wow, I'm glad you can do that because that's over my head." *facepalm*
Then there are the others who say, "Oh, you're one of THOSE people..."

Well, I must have picked the right major because I seem to be doing exceedingly well in my programming class. I started an assignment before the teacher finished telling us what to do. Course I was the first to finish. This isn't the first time that's happened. Hopefully, it won't be the last. Hopefully, the class isn't just really easy and I won't find myself struggling with the other computer classes next semester. Always Hope.

Wow, now I'm just rambling. Evil fatigue. Ah well, my time of rest shall come. Thanksgiving break. Christmas break. Either way, I need a vacation. In some ways, I want my old life back. Things were so much simpler then. But... that's not what life is about... is it? Of course not. No one would ever grow if they stayed in the same place all their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment