Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moondance – Nightwish



Ok, so I went more with a blue/grey theme. Blue beats red in my eyes anyway. ;)

It’s been raining for the past four days and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. This song seemed to fit with the nature of rain, wouldn’t you say? Starts out slow, just a few drops at a time, and then before you know it, it’s coming down in torrents.
There are times when the rain comes down steadily, but softly. Those times I simply enjoy standing in the rain with my head turned to the sky. The soft pattering sound calms everything and it is as though anything riotous and polluted is washed away, leaving an open clean world in its wake.
Then there are other times that the rain comes with thunder and lightning (and if you’re in TN, tornadoes >_> ). A magnificent display of light and sound so powerful, you’re far safer watching it from a sheltered place. You can’t help but to be excited by it, either in terror or enthrallment: your choice.
I’m reminded of a verse in Matthew.
Matthew 5:45 “That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” (KJV)
I love the rain.

On a random side note: my favorite part of November Rain is from about 7:00 to the very end ^_^



I’ve passed the 100-hour mark on my field lab, putting me at 102 hours now.

Thursday last week, I went to a cancer children’s hospital with my sister. We were helping out a lady with her art lesson. We crafted little beads out of clay and made necklaces with the girls. The boys made little ornament things from the clay.
I enjoyed my time there, despite staying silent for the most part.
It’s not much, just to be there to make little clay figurines and such with the children. It’s not a cure. I can’t promise them a healthy life. I certainly can’t promise them tomorrow. But it’s a way of giving them hope. Hope that, through this momentary happiness, they can find the strength to keep fighting.

A few verses from Proverbs come to mind.
Proverbs 15:13 “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.”
17:22 “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”
18:14 “The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?”

That’s the way I see it. My sister and I are scheduled to go back on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to it.


I’ve gotten some major writing done over the weeks. I’m getting closer and closer to the bridge that spans the first major gap in my writing. Note I said first, as in the first of many. :P
Kudos to SA for the many much needed word wars.
On that note, I thank EDJ for his *ahem* “moral support.” Just don’t be expecting any non-explosive cookies anytime soon.
Misty! Where be ye, lass? If I didn’t’ know any better, I’d say EDJ burned yer house down again. Ye needs to stop poofing so we can get some work into ISC before the summer is over.



Green Thunder for the win ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment