Thursday, June 1, 2023

A Moment of Silence

For the Fallen

There is a time for everything in life. While I would love to surround myself with music, silence is unavoidable. Perhaps even necessary. This is a memorial of sorts. A place for the fallen to carry on. A place to rest my sorrow while my heart heals. It's not an exhaustive list by any means. There are many more names I could add. At the same time, I'm glad it's not longer. There are also many who did not think they would make it to today's sunrise, but that is a story for another time. Suffice to say, I'm glad they're still here. 

To the list at hand - when I think back on my life, these have stood out as having the most impact. These are the people I still weep over, even after years have passed. It still hurts. These names and faces may mean nothing to you, but they meant something to me. 

Let that be enough. 


Jeffrey Jinkerson

A warrior among warriors. A poet among poets. A gentle flame in the dark. A genuine face in a sea of masks. 



Stan Mitchell 

A teacher, a mentor, a friend. A real life uncle Iroh who left the world (and the people in it) better than he found it. 




Chester 

Your songs said what I never could. They helped me through my darkest moments. You gave me somewhere I belong. 


Papa

I can say no more. Maybe one day I'll find the words. Maybe no words are needed. 





SilverAngel

My friend and coauthor for 14 years. You were a beacon of hope to me. I can only pray I can be that beacon for others. I won't let your stories die with you. Always Hope. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment