Monday, April 4, 2011

All The Right Moves - OneRepublic




Incredible! Just, wow. You would not believe half the stuff I did over the past two weeks.

Ok, so Feed has this thing called Makin’ Music. Apparently it’s a big deal. Every social club forms a cast and comes up with a 7 ½ minute long musical thing with pieces of rewritten songs and choreography. (Hey, best explanation I can come up with right now). A few months ago, my roomie asked me to be in her club’s cast because they were short on members. I promptly refused her request due to the busy schedule I already had (and to be honest, the idea of loud club activities kind of scares me). She left the subject alone for a time while she tried recruiting others. Eventually, she came back and begged me to help, giving me this whole sob story about how they only needed 5 more members otherwise they would not be able to compete. Having no proper idea of what I was getting myself into, I gave in. A few hours a week we would go to the auditorium and practice vocals, blocking, and staging. Then insane retreat weekend came. We were up and ready to practice choreography at 6:30. Every day that weekend we stayed until curfew (1:00 AM). Then almost every day after that, we practiced for a few hours. We performed Thursday for the children’s show, Friday’s evening show, and twice on Saturday. It was amazing every time. There were 6 clubs performing and each one of them worked their hardest. Unfortunately, our club did not place in any of the categories or get any awards, but we still had tons of fun preparing for and finally performing the show.

We had epic music, dressed up in awesome costumes, put on make up and face paint. I got to know the club members better and, dare I say it, I even started cheering with them. At the beginning, when they did their loud and obnoxious cheering, I stayed on the sidelines covering my ears. By the end of it, I was close to the middle jumping and cheering like mad. In the beginning, I didn’t really care for Makin’ Music, I was only there because I had to be. I cried when it was over. I had a giant heart plastered to my face. I wore a black wig. People actually could not recognize me! (OO) Insane right? (I actually like the wig, maybe I can get a longer one and put it up in pigtails or something... ;) )

I got very little sleep and my grades didn’t do so well, but I’m glad I did it.

1 comment:

  1. *smiling* I knew you were a quiet person, but I can't tell you how happy I am to hear it ended well. (as a huge outgoing person seeing or hearing others break out of their comfort zone makes me happy, odd IK.)

    But I am happy to hear things are going well in college still.

    Also, I have an award you can take on my blog. http://arrowheadreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/something-new.html

    ReplyDelete