Friday, March 18, 2011

In The Mood – Glenn Miller



So I actually took the time to chillax, ignoring the threat of impending homework, a stressed out mind, and a worn out body.

Somehow it’s much easier if you have the right music.

I haven’t been able to get this song out of my head for the past two days and I know why.

Yesterday, my roomie and I went to stay the night at her friend’s house. We played Clue and let “The Doctor Dances” play on the TV in the background. We watched Doctor Who and Sherlock, played games, and ate donuts; some with sprinkles, some without (random side note of which only Christy, Jackie, and I will ever know the true meaning behind... or we say we do).

Today, we went shopping. Before I even begin telling you about how much I dislike shopping, I made it out with sewing supplies and fabric. Period. My work with this paragraph is done.

We then went to this concert. It was a university band playing at a local high school.

So at this concert, I’m peacefully listening to the band play “Hymn to the Eternal Sky” by Satoshi Yagisawa. I start thinking, “This would make an epic title sequence in ISC” then I proceed to imagine said sequence. I had all the characters and entrances (riding over the plains, soaring the skies, over cliffs, etc.) when all of a sudden; Christy turns to me and says it reminds her of Aladdin. Appalled, I tell her what I was picturing, to which she then replies that the song would make a good theme song for me.

Apparently, the image of this song blasting through an iPod as I enter the room is some kind of scene of awesomeness or something. *shrugs* No clue. That’s what I got from her statement.

I'll try and explain what I imagined, but it might be a bit difficult. (I see things in pictures, bear with me :P )

Best thing to do is play this song and try your best to picture it along with the music, then again, if you haven't read ISC ... follow the link.


Be warned, this is more focused toward the coauthors.



Blue sky, a few birds flitter here and there, green fields. You see Hanna standing outside in the tall grass, the wind blowing in her hair, (surprisingly enough) a smile on her face. Back to blue sky. (this might kill you, but she’s actually wearing a smile the whole time)
The words “Ice Sword Chronicles” appear on the screen in fancy ice blue lettering.
Scene switch to Hanna looking into a barn and there’s Lui with the horses, not a care in the world (as usual). He crouches to pet a puppy (awww). And Hanna’s still there, leaning against the doorframe watching him (*cough* stalker *cough*). He looks up and sees her and he gives her his usual grin. He walks to her, takes her hand, then dashes off (into the sunse-er wrong ending). They run through the fields and toward a cliff. They jump off, Hanna grabs Lui’s other hand, and they go flying (Hanna still holding onto Lui’s hands of course). They fly upward and into the sky and clouds. They lower enough to see DJ riding a horse across the fields and they fly over him (not directly over him, just to the side, but still high enough so, oh never mind). DJ stops his horse and looks up at them ( prolly a smile or wave... or both). They keep flying and see Misty standing near a stream. She looks up at them and her falcon takes off to fly with them for a bit. They spot Christina and Hairam in some town (particularly in the shopping district). Hanna lowers close enough to the ground to drop off Lui before landing on her feet herself a few feet away. The characters all meet up in the town and approach/walk up the steps of a grand castle. They bow before some queen or something then stand up and turn to the crowd. Camera zooms out and that’s where Christy messed with my concentration. I totally lost it after that.

Title sequence. Beginning, ending, sequel, I don't know. From the looks of it, I'd guess end of ISC in Thorae. *shrugs*

While Christy's thinking of theme songs, I’ll still be picturing my ISC scene and trying to figure it out. :P


Yeah... chillaxing... chillaxing is good

No comments:

Post a Comment