Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wind of Change – Scorpions



Happy New Year everyone.

According to my siblings, I was “trying to be epic” last night when I walked through the dark, snow-covered streets with a pan of pizza in each hand and my open coat fluttering in the wind. I told them I don’t have to try, it comes naturally. :P

We celebrated the New Year with pizza, games, and fireworks. It is now about 8 hours and 40 minutes into the year and it’s been great so far. I’m not entirely sure much sleep I’ll get this year, but I certainly hope it’s more than last year.

Oddly enough, so far I’ve listened to a few older tracks this year. I like the older songs; they bring back many memories. I remember rocking out to “It’s my life” by Bon Jovi with my father and baking cookies with my mother to “How will I know” by Whitney Houston. After watching Doctor Who, those of us who were still awake went over pictures from our trip to London… the one we took eleven years ago.

The end of the year seems to be the best place to stop and reflect. The continuance of time seems to keep us from being lost in the past, for the most part. The ushering of the new year keeps things in perspective. Yet another year is gone, yes, but just as swiftly a new year is upon us. No matter what the last year was like, we look on to the new year with hope.

As the sun rises on the first day of 2011, there is much to be hopeful for. We have been granted another year, let’s make the best of it.

~ Always Hope ~

No comments:

Post a Comment