Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ain’t No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye



It never fails, I always think of “Remember the Titans” when I hear this song. Which of course reminds me of my family.
I’m going home. It feels good to just to say it, even if it is only to myself every now and then.

It seems that it’s only when things slow down that they start to sink in. I was at a friend’s high school shindig on Friday night (I left Freed that morning) and I realized that I was subconsciously expecting to see Freedies. I guess in order to make up for that, my mind started playing FHU club cheers on repeat. I’m still adjusting to being away from Freed, apparently. It’s hard to believe I’ve been here a whole school year. My freshman year has passed fairly well. I made new friends, made some mistakes, learned life lessons, won a few victories, and lost a few battles along the way. And this was all compacted into one school year. Inconceivable!

Same issues, altered perspectives and updates: It’s still rock and roll to me.

What’s the matter with the clothes I’m wearing?
I’m fairly certain my style has changed a little since being in the states. I still pretty much wear jeans and t-shirt weekdays and a dress or skirt on Sundays, but now that’s not all my wardrobe consists of. Even I’m shocked.

What’s the matter with the car I’m driving?
I got to go driving twice in the past week. It hasn’t been too hard getting rides to places, it has been a little inconvenient when you can’t find a ride and you have to ask someone new. That’s probably just me though. *shrugs* I still miss my family’s van. Nothing can compare to that two ton mass of metal and power. I may yet figure out a way to get to my baby without too much hassle, assuming the gas prices ever take a nosedive over the next couple years.

Don’t waste your money on a new set of speakers. You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers.
Last point confirmed.

What’s the matter with the crowd I’m seeing?
I have friends. I have a lot of friends. I have friends all over the world. It’s both astounding and encouraging to think about when you’re in a new place. Somewhere between last semester and this semester, I’ve become more social. I don’t know what the deal is, but apparently it’s a good thing… dependent on the crowd, of course.

Should I try to be a straight A student? If you are then you think too much.
There are certain areas that I want to be perfect. Grades are one of them. Whereas last semester I had good grades and almost no social life… I got the social life part this semester. You can guess what that led to, academically speaking. Ah well, let’s assume I’m going to be working harder next semester, because I plan on it. Along that line, I’m hoping for an actual job as well, so we’ll see how that goes.

Until the Lord comes, the world keeps spinning. People are still people. Situations don’t change. People don’t change. How you deal with them changes.

~ Always Hope ~

No comments:

Post a Comment