Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Feeling Good - Muse




This song was recently brought to my attention (by recently, I mean like a month ago, but it’s been on my mind ever since).

The melody is so… haunting. It’s slow and threatening, but the lyrics are rather cheerful in comparison. The mental image I get is a major antagonist beginning his master plan with this song playing in the background. There’s an alluring scene for you storywriters.

Seems like most of the major stuff has finally blown over. Midterms, Spring Break, and even finals are out of the way.

A quick note on Spring Break:

I think this has been one of the most relaxing short breaks I’ve had since I’ve been in college. The family I stayed with was nice enough to let me in on all the fun. We went four wheeling and canoeing. We went to sing at a couple assisted living homes. We made Bokashi (fertilizer stuff, but I got paid to help so… yeah). All around, it was a very nice way to spend a week off school.

You know what the best part was? Here’s the best part:


Alas, school kept going. Now here I am, at the end of another year. It’s really flown by, probably because of how busy I keep myself. After Spring Break, I did the lighting for two different theater events, one a major play and the second a series of short plays. 

Depending on the day, I would go from one meeting to another and to another. It’s my fault I’m so busy, but it doesn’t help that there are so many opportunities to do what I enjoy. Ah well, you know me.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Always Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment