Wednesday, March 20, 2024

O Lord, Have Mercy On Me


O Lord, Have Mercy On Me

(Based on Psalm 143)


Listen, my Father. O Lord, hear my prayer. 

Your servant lies weeping in anguish

And my soul now is smitten with fear and despair.

To the ground I have fallen

I dwell in the darkness

O Lord, have mercy on me


My soul is weary, I need Your embrace.

My heart within me is o’ertaken, 

But I look to Your righteousness and to Your grace.

Though my flesh and heart fail me, 

Your strength shall uphold me. 

O Lord, have mercy on me


I meditate on the works of Your hand. 

I hunger and thirst for Your goodness.

Now I trust in You, Lord, and in Thee do I stand.

Draw me near with each step 

To the land of uprightness. 

O Lord, have mercy on me


Nearer, my God, to the land I call home.

Not brick or of clay, but of spirit. 

Earthly refuge forsaken, my portion is You.

Let the children of light 

Bring You glory forever. 

O Lord have mercy on me 


~ Anna

(Based on this melody)

No comments:

Post a Comment