Sunday, August 21, 2011

Walking in Memphis – Marc Cohn


The summer is coming to a tranquil close.

Oh, I survived the plane trip. I probably should have said that first.

The ride went by without incident, which is always nice.
I got back to the Lewis home in TN at about 4AM on the 12th. After a few hours of sleep, I repacked and went with some friends to lunch and stayed at their house for the next few days. I had to repack so I could let someone take my big suitcase to school for my while I moved around with my carry-on and backpack. I stayed with this family then went back to the first house before going to a place in Mississippi. It seems that even without my family, my life is filled with moving around a lot in the states. Until school, anyway.
It’s kind of weird being in someone else’s house. I’m not new to it, but there are still surprises every time. Also, I don’t like staying too long without feeling like I’m doing something productive. I don’t like feeling like I’m bothering people. How that exactly ties into my last sentence, I’m not entirely sure. The connection is there, it’s just difficult to put into words right now, ironically.

Anyway, now I’m in MS. The drive down was all right. One of the cars I was in lost a hubcap, but the trip was uneventful otherwise.



I’m staying at a friend’s house with several other friends. We are the Chapel Sitters. We have a title. It’s awesome. Almost as awesome as finding out some people know my family as “THE Swords,” which is just epic. ^_^

*ahem* so….

We, the Chapel Sitters of Freed-Hardeman University, in order to form a more awesome bond, establish fun, insure domestic sammiches, provide for the common majors, promote the general coolness, and secure the duct tape of friendship to ourselves and our peers, do decree and set this standard for the Freed-Hardeman freshmen.

Wait… that doesn’t sound quite right…
Where was I?
Ah, yes.
So there we are having a good time catching up and one of the Chapel Sitters brings out swords. Real swords.
Gladius, katana, and Andúril (Yes, that one :| )
I got to hold them ^_^
And maybe kinda play with one outside, but I won’t talk about that. :P

It’s been good being back with them (the friends, not the swords). A couple of them are going to Europe and will be spending the semester there with the school’s Belgium program. It’s been good getting to hang out with them before they leave.
We’ll all leave tomorrow, some to the airport and the rest back to TN.

Who can tell what this semester holds for each one of us...




No comments:

Post a Comment