Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Paradise - Coldplay



~ Starless night ~

Troubles pressing slowed me down.
Heavenward I lift my crown.
There was not a star in sight,
Not a hope in bleakest night.

Silence smothers every side.
Heavy silence tried to hide
Any joy or happy note
Ever strive escape my throat.

Cried and wept, I sobbed and sighed.
Never would the peace abide.
Now upon the darkest hour
Yield myself unto His power.

All I am and all I own
Troubles thought but mine alone.
All my heart had been outpoured,
All my trouble to the Lord.

Praying till not one was left.
Then exhaled with shaky breath.
Yet again in silence thought,
Still upon the battle fought.

Battle with myself and stress.
Could I battle any less?
Yes, the answer came out clear,
Had I laid down starting fear.

Knowing He knows every way
He injustice will repay
He will give the weary rest
Faithful end of every test

Caught again emotion’s turn,
Must again this lesson learn.
“Scold the heart,” was mind’s retort
God should ne’er be last resort.

~ SMS


~ Never Alone ~

No comments:

Post a Comment