Thursday, November 30, 2023

In The End - Tommee Profitt (Linkin Park cover)



 

I did it, SilverAngel.

I hit 50k. I won NaNoWriMo. Just like I said I would. Just like you knew I could.

I'll be honest, I almost gave up after I heard the news of your passing. I wanted to stop. I wanted to never write another word. Yet the words poured out. I had to keep going, mostly out of spite. I had to finish what I started, no matter what. That's what heroes do. That's what hope does. 


Always hope. 

Isn’t that what you told me?



Always hope is stamped on everything I write. Always hope was our battle cry as we flew headlong into life, swords glinting and wings unfurled. Your battle is over now, fallen warrior. It grieves me more than you can ever know to watch you fall. Always hope is the whisper on my lips as I claw forward and pick myself up from the mud. Always hope is stitched to my heart as I press on, leaving you behind. 


We've been friends for 14 years and now you're gone. I kept your stories safe for you. Of course I saved them. I try to save everything. Without condoning, without condemning, I understand. It's not okay. It will never be okay. Yet, I will take up the mantle of Auriel - angel of hope. I will pick up the broken standard. I accept the responsibility that comes with being a lightkeeper. You remember what Cave Johnson said about life handing you lemons. I'm gonna burn the house down with the lemons. 


Hope is a light in the darkness and in the darkness I will be that light. 

For you. 

For me. 

For them. 



“To wring a silver lining out of thunderstorms isn’t for the faint of heart. What you are doing is brave and meaningful. Every story has meaning because every voice is different. Every life is a lens refashioning the ordinary into the extraordinary. And you, right now, right this second, are part of that ancient and sacred tradition of storytellers.” ~ Roshani Chokshi


Goodbye, SilverAngel. 

My friend and coauthor. 

This win's for you. 

We did it. 


~ Always Hope ~ 

Eyes up, Guardian






No comments:

Post a Comment